Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Loss in the Pro's

TV Werne @ Hagen Haspe

I don't know if it was the 3 week hiatus (on the lower right side of the page titled "Men Are Using the Pause") or if it was the fact that fresh off of a serious break, we were scheduled against the best team in our league. Either way, we had a chance and basically, we were out run. The first quarter seen us with an 11 point lead, 29-18, and a huge amount of confidence. The second quarter was probably where the breakdown began. Only an 8 point outburst from the team was enough to keep us within in reach at halftime, 40-37 was our deficit. I guess you could say I took the second quarter off but after keeping up with a team who was on a continuous fast break, a break was necessary if I was to play the entire 40. Side note...the day before this "dog fight" our coach ran us to death, so I'm not making excuses, but if I don't have any legs then you can't expect much. I'm just saying...

The third quarter was entertaining as both teams were probably playing even harder. We traded baskets and we finished the quarter behind by maybe 4 or 5. The fourth quarter saw us actually reclaim the lead, 59-58, but it was short lived. They went on yet another run and capitalized on ALL of our mistakes. We made one final burst in an attempt to even out the battle when we cut their lead to 5, but between turnovers and missed box outs, it was all we had. The final score was 79-68 but if you'd seen the game and how we played, a score like that is very misleading. WE WILL GET IT TOGETHER, THAT'S A PROMISE...

I finished with 20 points despite a lack luster performance. And our big three (Trev, Matt, and Myself) held it down with about 85% of the points. But anybody who follows winning teams or championship caliber teams, knows that if you truly want to be successful, contributions have to come from everybody. Tune in next week though. Be easy, take care, and peace...

-T

1 comment:

OKE said...

HEY MAN Im proud of u keep it high and tight oke