Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kick off your shoes...


Even though last Saturday was a busy day for me, it couldn't have ended any better. I was up at the crack of dawn, which in my case is like 10 a.m. ha ha, because my girls had a rare Saturday game. We were on the road against SV Brackwede (pronounced brock-ved-uh) which was a surprisingly long ride but I got a nap in so I ain't mad at that! To make a long story short with the girls, we won by 17, but the 1st and 4th quarters were probably the UGLIEST we've played all year...and that's counting our two losses. We're still in a fight for first though with an overall record of 15-2! Ya'll be on the look out though because we're bringing the title back home to the states, I mean, to Werne, it's not about me haha!

So after a great day on the bench with the girls, it was time to go to the office at night against the Brackwede men's first team, which was more like a JV squad from the School of the Deaf and Blind, just kidding. The only reason I said it like that was because the import guys only played 10-12 minutes apiece and we won by 32. And to add insult to their injuries, yes I said injuries, none of us scored more than 10, I mean not a single one of us. I had 8, Junior had 8, Trevor had 7, and Matt probably had 8 or 9. So without much output from the guys who normally do the work how is a landslide victory of this magnitude even fathomable (is fathomable even a word)?

It was all the young guys. They finally stepped up, contributed and played major minutes. I mean, it was a sight to behold, our youngest player, who just turned 16 last week, had more points than we all finished with at half-time! We were just having fun on the bench messing with everybody in the game and at one point the starters had the shoes unlaced, a few were completely off ha ha! Coach came down to me at one point in the 4th quarter jokingly telling me to get in the game. I was ready to go but you already know my shoes were unlaced but I said,"don't play with me like that because I'll step out there in my socks and do work tonight!" You can read about the game here. Not only was it a great win for the organization, putting us a little closer to the top with a record of 12-5, but I hope it silenced the critics out here. If you didn't catch the blog last week and follow the link to the discussion board on import players in our league, we've been in the media about the number of import, mainly American, players on our team. Didn't we help Germany reunite, so what's the beef ha ha? Anyway, we have the week off so no game this Saturday but I will be reporting to you live from "Karnival" which is another huge festival out here. So take care and peace...

No comments: