Monday, March 16, 2009

I Don't Even Know Anymore...

The title of this entry works on so many different levels right now. For example, when it comes to the referees out here...I don't even know anymore. When it comes to my youth girls team, who are extraordinary when they want to be...I don't even know anymore. Last but not least, when it comes to this German weather...I really don't even know anymore! Nonetheless, here is another weekly installment on the latest.


In my opinion, other than the two Muenster games, last Saturday's effort at home versus CityBasket Recklinghausen was a complete, well almost complete, game. We showed a lot of resilience and poise through 3 quarters and for once, had seen team deflate. I almost couldn't complain about the officials until the 4th quarter, I spoke too soon I guess. I remember sitting on the bench at the end of the 3rd quarter with a 13 point lead and listening to coach say how the refs were doing a good job this game. With one blow of the whistle that all changed drastically. We had 3 foul outs, somehow did not make it to the penalty, and lost that lead. Although the game still was pretty close and we had our chances to tie, their momentum was too much as they went on to score 33 points in the 4th quarter. I believe one of their players actually scored all his points in the last period, I could be wrong but he did do work. So, we have 2 games remaining in which we will win and finish out the season at 15-7, not a bad mark, but could've been better. You could read at your own disposal about the game here and there.


My ladies played well late and showed some emotion which is always good to see out of players. [Side Note: This is coming from a player, so I know what it means to a coach] We won by 6, should've won by more but a win is a win is a win. We are now 18-2 as we prepare to face off against the other top teams in our league, but can we go undefeated this time??? Stay tuned to find out about us as we fight for that number one spot...


I need all you folks back in the states to promise me some fun and sun when I get back home. If I see one more cloud...Peace

No comments: