Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Fault...

So I know it's been a minute since I posted on the blog and I apologize for my tardiness as I've been getting things together for the end of this road. Trying to organize a ride to the airport, packing, and penciling everybody in to hang out before you leave is a serious task in Germany because you don't play it by ear out here. I think they might fine you if you do something spur of the moment, so all you free spirits out there, be easy...

So here is the weekly rundown...

We had an international slamma jamma dunk fest for the ages! You can check that out below. Raw and uncut behind the scenes footage is coming soon!




Friday against Paderborn Baskets we won by 43, nothing really exciting about that exceeeept for the in-team challenge between Junior and myself and the sick alley-oop. The challenge set by Junior and myself was inspired by our new idea for a reality show. In this show, which is untitled at the moment, is inspired by the fighting, or lack thereof, on the "real" reality shows. Because in real life, there isn't always security there to break up fights when they escalate, so what we decided to do was keep it really real. The basis of the show is to have people on there with no security and when a fight or "challenge" is requested you must accept it or face elimination from the show. So all you mouths out there, no more talking, you gotta back it up now. Now, back to our challenge. Junior challenged me to a 3 point shoot out for a pair of shorts to be named later in the season. That made the game more interesting for us because Paderborn was like a team of school children therefore the motivation to play was lacking. Also an alley-oop connection between Trev and myself was the highlight of the night. First let me just tell you that everything after the ball left my hand happened in slow motion so the two handed jam was more nasty than you could imagine ha ha. I think the worst part about it was that the defender watched the ball sail over his head and protected his face as Trev sat on his head ha ha. All this happened in slow motion of course, did I mention that???

My girls played some great, well not so great, basketball on Saturday. We only won by 2, thank God, but we are now in 1st place and only need one more win to be the champs! We're undefeated this half of the season and are looking to finish out at 20-2, not too bad for a rookie head coach with no assistants and a language barrier right? I'll brush the dirt of my shoulders right about.....now! Oh yeah, we're going bowling tonight and I'm definitely going to show them how we do it in America!

I hope everybody out there is doing well and I'll see you soon! Peace...

No comments: